A copy of the rules may be downloaded here.
A) Basic Rules
1. The lower range is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. The upper range is open dawn to dusk.
2. The range does not have garbage service. If you pack it in, you pack it out. Paper targets may be put in the stove and burned.
3. Upon arrival at the range, be aware that active shooting may commence at any time. NEVER cross the firing line until you have confirmed with everyone present that the range is now Open.
4. Ear and Eye protection are strongly recommended on all ranges.
5. NEVER allow the muzzle of your gun to point at ANYONE! Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and ready to shoot.
6. Firearms are to be kept unloaded, with magazines removed and breeches (actions) open except when firing on the firing line. All firearms should be cleared with breeches (actions) open while club members are placing or removing targets on the range, unless firearms are holstered or cased.
7. All rifles will be cleared and placed muzzle up in rifle racks while personnel are down range placing or checking targets.
8. Cowboy shooting (quick draw) is only allowed outside and with only one shooter on the firing line at a time.
9. EVERY ATTEMPT MUST BE MADE TO ENSURE A BULLET DOES NOT LEAVE THE RANGE. Any member or guest of a member violating the indiscriminate shooting rule will result in the member losing their membership for life, as well as reckless endangerment charges being filed in civil court. Members are responsible for their guests.
10. Shooting is restricted to target boards only. Shooting above or below target boards is forbidden.
11. Shooting building structures, target posts, glass or any other type of garbage is strictly forbidden. This will be classified as “Indiscriminate Shooting” and “Vandalism.”
12. The use of magnum loads, full metal jacket (FMJ), 17 caliber or armor piercing (AP) ammo, and shotguns or center-fire rifles are prohibited on the Indoor Range. These may be used while shooting from the indoor stations towards the outside pistol targets. Allowed ammo indoors includes Lead, Jacketed Hollow Points (JHP), Plated (TMJ) ammunition, 22 Cal. Rifle or Pistol 9mm to 45 cal.
13. New guns must be sighted in outside only.
14. Your membership allows your spouse and unmarried children who reside with you to use the range when accompanied by you. Occasional use by others accompanied by you is allowed. You may not at any time loan your range access key to anyone, including relatives.
15. Shooting under the influence of alcohol and drugs is strictly forbidden, neither alcohol nor drugs are permitted within the facility. Violation of this rule will be considered criminal reckless endangerment resulting in loss of membership and possible criminal charges.
B) LOWER RANGE SPECIAL RULES All standard rules apply including;
1. The first shooters at the indoor range will determine the shooting tactic.
2. Shooting closer than 25 feet to the indoor backstop increases the risk of injury due to potential ricochets. Do so at your own risk.
3. Shooting indoor or shooting out thru side windows. ONE OR THE OTHER. Shooting windows must remain closed anytime shooters are on the outside slab.
4. Side shooting windows cannot be used while shooters are on the outside slab.
5. Target posting and retrieval will be done on a timely manner with no technique discussions down range.
6. During a cease fire, all rifles will be unloaded and removed from the firing line and placed in appropriate racks. Handgun shooters must place their unloaded firearms on the bench with breeches (actions) open, magazines removed and may not touch them until EVERYONE is back from down range.
C)UPPER RANGE SPECIAL RULES All standard rules apply including
1. During a cease fire, all rifles will be unloaded and removed from the firing line and placed in appropriate racks. Handgun shooters must place their unloaded firearms on the bench with breeches (actions) open, magazines removed and may not touch them until EVERYONE is back from down range.
2. Anyone posting or retrieving targets from upper range are requested to wear hunter orange. Yours or ours. The responsibility is up to you only. Must show a minimum of 400 sq inches above the waste. Range supplied vests will be returned to hangers immediately after use.
3. Letting your rifle cool longer than two (2) minutes will be considered a cease fire and cease fire rules will be applied if target posting is requested.
**Please note; Violation of range rules may result in expulsion from the club!!*
If you observe a member violating any of these rules, DO NOT CONFRONT THEM! Take down their license number and report them to a member of the board immediately.